Evaluate how much you can pay
Read these steps to see how to determine a housing budget that’s comfortable for you.
- Review your monthly spending plan and identify non-essential spending.
- Calculate how large a monthly mortgage payment you could make.
- Decide how large a mortgage payment you are willing to make.
- Determine how much money you’ve saved for a down payment and closing costs.
- Talk to a home mortgage consultant about financing options that fit your needs.
Note: To determine your homebuying power, multiply your gross annual income by 2.5 to estimate a top purchase price, or by 28% and divide by 12 to estimate the upper limit for your monthly housing expenses.
Click the Next button to continue.