A sample plan
Business plans are often longer than one page, but review this sample plan to get a sense of some of some key components.
Sample Business Plan
XYZ Dry Cleaning Business Plan
We will be recognized as the best dry cleaner for overall value — quality, service and price — in Anytown, USA.
XYZ helps our customers always look their best and get the maximum value from their investment in quality clothing.
- Gain 350 steady customers by October 1; 2010
- Revenue goal = $600,000
- 2010 profit before tax goal = $120,000
- Add clothing repair and delivery services this year.
- Launch a “Frequent Dryer” customer incentive program that’s unique in our market.
- Conveniently handle all aspects of our customers’ clothing care needs.
- Focus on residents within 5 miles of our store.
- Stand out from our competitors through unique pricing and service options.
- Deliver a higher quality but less expensive service than our competitors by using the most technologically advanced equipment and a unique, environmentally-friendly cleaning process.
- Purchase equipment by June 15.
- Sign three-year store lease by July 1.
- Distribute advertising postcards to neighborhood homes and cars in our shopping center by August 20.
- Get newspaper coverage for our Grand Opening on September 15.
- Hire delivery driver by December 1.
Note: A good business plan tells your banker, potential investors/partners, and employees where your business is headed and how you plan to get there. Be clear, specific, and inspiring.
Read more about writing a business plan.
Click the Next button to continue.