After the interview
Send a thank-you letter and take notes
Once the interview is over, send a thank-you letter, email, or note to the interviewer. This letter should:
- Thank the interviewer
- Add any additional information you either forgot or didn’t have a chance to mention
- Reinforce any connection you made with the interviewer
- Keep your name fresh in the interviewer’s mind and to show your continued interest
Tips for writing the thank-you letter:
- Keep it concise and neat (if handwritten).
- Make sure your spelling and grammar are correct.
Take some time right after the interview to sit down and take notes about the interview. These notes could include:
- Everyone you talked to or whose name was mentioned
- Topics you discussed the most
- Questions you stumbled on
- Questions you answered well
- Your thoughts about the interviewer’s impression of you and your resume
- What you learned about the company
- Thoughts on improvement for your next interview
Click the Next button to learn how to evaluate job offers.