Handle tax matters

Take care of your taxes during deployment

As an active duty service member, you can take advantage of several different credits and deductions. To make sure you’re getting the most out of these deductions, read the Armed Forces Tax Guide (PDF) from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.

A 1040 IRS Tax form.


If you’re deployed during the time that taxes are normally due, you’ll need to determine how you will file your federal and state income tax returns. You may qualify for an automatic extension. Before you deploy, visit your installation’s legal office and speak to a tax professional to see if you qualify and determine what resources are available for you.

Click the Next button to continue.