Summary — Planning for retirement
Review the key points from this topic
In this topic, you learned key strategies and techniques to save for retirement.
Remember these key points:
- Having a retirement strategy is critical because you may spend quite a few years in retirement.
- When it comes to creating a retirement strategy, there’s no such thing as “one size fits all.” Everyone’s goals, needs, and situation are different.
- Start saving now and give your money time to grow.
- Form a retirement strategy team to help you create and fine-tune your retirement plan.
- Consult with your military retirement counselor to learn more about your military benefits.
- Take action now to plan your future so that you can achieve your retirement goals.
- Review your plan and benefits periodically. Your situation may change over time.
Remember: investing always involves risk and there are no guarantees. Some investments carry more risk and more potential reward than others.
You’ve completed Planning for Retirement.
Click the Next Topic button to go to Career Transition.