Security at home and online
Follow these financial security tips:
- Shred old and unnecessary financial documents.
- Don’t send personal financial info via email.
- Use only one low-limit credit card for all online purchases.
- After a Web transaction, close down your browser ASAP.
- Turn off your computer when not using it, vs. “sleep” mode.
- Regularly update your firewall, virus protection & spyware.
- Never click on email hyperlinks from sources you don’t know.
Note: To maximize Web transaction safety, use a recent version of your Web browser. Web addresses starting with “https” and Web pages with a padlock symbol in the lower right corner are safest.
For more financial and security tips, read the article Protect your money and your identity.
Click the Next button to test your judgement.