Are you a smart car shopper?
As you start the car buying process, consider these helpful tips:
- Shop for your car loan before you shop for your car.
- Try to get pre-approved for your loan.
- Decide on your top price, with monthly payments you can afford.
- Never sign a contract with any blank spaces.
Avoid making these mistakes:
- Stay firm about the exact make, model, year, and color you want.
- Purchase all dealer options such as undercoating, fabric protection, and paint sealant.
- Once you’ve made the deal, never cancel it.
Note: A pre-approval is a written commitment from a lender that confirms the price of car you can purchase. It lets you and others see, in writing, that you qualify for a specific car loan amount.
Read more about car shopping tips.
Click the Next button for another way to test your judgment.