How to get started
These are the steps to get started with investing.
- Save enough to cover two to six months of expenses. Make sure your expenses are low enough that you can comfortably pay them.
- Make an investing plan. List your financial goals and how much time you have to reach them.
- Determine how much risk you are comfortable taking.
- To reach your goals, decide on the mix of investments you want to maintain.
- Determine how much money you need to invest every month and make a commitment to do so.
- Research investments before you buy.
Helpful tips when you begin
- Always research before you invest.
- Base your decisions on facts, not emotions.
- Visit Web sites that offer investment information and news.
- Consider seeking guidance from investing professionals.
Click the Next button to continue.