Are you a smart car shopper?
As you start the car buying process, consider these helpful tips:
- Shop for your car loan before you shop for your car.
- Try to get pre-approved for your loan.
- Decide on your top price, with monthly payments you can manage.
- Never sign a contract with any blank spaces.
As you make your choice:
- Be flexible about the make, model, year, and color you want.
- Be careful about extra, unnecessary, and expensive options the dealer may offer you, such as undercoating, fabric protection, and paint sealant.
- Don’t feel pressured to make a decision. Take your time and evaluate all your options.
Note: A pre-approval is a written commitment from a lender that confirms the price of car you can purchase. It lets you and others see, in writing, that you qualify for a specific car loan amount.
Read more about car shopping tips.
Click the Next button for another way to test your judgment.